In this episode of the New Year’s Revolutionary podcast, I had the privilege of interviewing Henri Gresset, commercial broker at Childress Klein and my friend for over 20 years. Henri’s always been the guy at the party connecting the most interesting people in the room to discuss the most interesting topics of the night. And he’s always made it look easy – I’m gonna try to figure out the details.
To listen to the episode, click here.
Considering we’ve been friends since middle school, I thought I knew Henri pretty well. And so I drew up questions to discuss a few of Henri’s talents that I wanted to explore. Specifically:
- His ability to connect and maintain relationships with interesting people, and
- His relentless approach to getting things on the calendar and keeping things moving.
And we definitely got into those – but as I was re-listened to the episode I realized that this wasn’t just an episode about life-hacks and psychological tactics. There was a deeper, recurring theme here:
Henri Gresset is fiercely protective of his time. As a result, he’s intentional and present when interacting with others, who can’t help but be drawn to his undivided attention. Thank you, Henri. You literally taught me the meaning of la joie de vivre. Here’s to the next 20 years.
- How Henri and I met [00:45]
- How Henri got into commercial real estate, Childress Klein [02:20]
- Comparing commercial and residential real estate brokerage [05:07]
- Industry trends, adaptive reuse [06:21]
- “Time kills all deals” [9:19]
- Tim Ferriss and The 4-Hour Workweek [10:43]
- Henri’s approach to consuming and prioritizing nonfiction [12:35]
- Morning routines (where Henri explains the benefits of a 30-minute snooze session) [15:39]
- Organization, scheduling, daily and weekly planning [18:05]
- The benefits of travel [20:02]
- How Henri plans to “Do Better This Year.” [21:58]