In this (first ever!) episode of the New Year’s Revolutionary podcast, I had the privilege of interviewing Scott Wurtzbacher, Team Leader at W Realty Group here in Charlotte, North Carolina.
To listen to the episode, click here.
Scott and his wife Maria have sold over 1,000 houses and grown their business from a small husband and wife operation to one of Charlotte’s top selling real estate companies as recognized by Charlotte Business Journal. My wife works at W Realty Group, and ever since I met Scott I’ve been impressed with his insights, work ethic, and dedication to client service.
I always wanted to know the story about how it all got started. During this conversation we get into that, along with a wide range of other topics including:
- How W Realty Group got their first listing [7:45]
- Scott’s transition from his job as a management consultant at PwC to W Realty Group full-time [10:17]
- How Brian Buffini’s coaching program helped W Realty Group navigated the Great Recession [16:13]
- What W Realty Group looks like now, and what differentiates their team from a traditional real estate brokerage [22:16]
- Differences between the listing agent role and the buying agent role [24:30]
- How technology has changed the realtor role [28:55]
- Scott’s approach to leadership and team management [32:02]
- How the “W Realty Group Book Club” got started, and Scott’s approach to internam meetings and development of their team’s core values [33:49]
- Getting Things Done by David Allen, how Scott has used the system to get to “inbox zero” [39:38]
- Scotts philosophy on “follow up” including a great definition for leverage he picked up at a Tony Robbins event [44:11]
- Scott’s approach to consuming nonfiction [47:57]
- Scott’s Q&A with Brian Buffini the day before our interview, and the one question he asked Brian after being a part of his program for over a decade [55:25]
- Scott’s experience at Tony Robbins’s Unleash The Power Within event [59:31]
- Personal productivity, morning routines. [1:02:03]
- Running, dealing with injuries, training at Elite Functional Performance (EFP), and completing a marathon [1:09:33]
- Opportunities and challenges of working with your spouse [1:16:18]
- Parenting, getting one-on-one time with your kids and being spontanious [1:22:18]
- How Scott plans to do better this year [1:29:00]